The Senate and House Agriculture and Rural Affairs committees, chaired by Senator Elder Vogel and Representative Martin Causer, will hold an informational meeting to discuss legislation to allow the growth and cultivation, for research purposes, of industrial hemp in the Commonwealth.
The hearing will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 13, in the Senate Majority Caucus Room, Room 156 of the Main Capitol in Harrisburg.
Scheduled to speak at the meeting are:
- Fred Strathmeyer, deputy secretary for Plant Industry and Consumer Protection, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
- Dr. Richard Roush, dean and professor of Entomology, Penn State’s College of Agricultural Sciences.
- John Bell, government affairs counsel, Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.
- Reuben Stone, president, Valley Bio Limited, Cobden, Ontario, Canada (via Skype)
- Jonathan Miller, general counsel, Kentucky Hemp Industry Council (via Skype)
Contact: Mike Rader (717) 787-3076
The hearing will be streamed live at 9:30 a.m. at www.pasenategop.com.
More information and video from the hearing will be available at http://pasenategop.com/agricultureruralaffairs/.